A bail bond agent can be a valuable asset when you’re trying to free a loved one from jail while they await trial. But not just any agent will do. You need to know how to find a bail bondsman who is reliable and trustworthy, with the experience to help you navigate the process.
Why Do You Need a Bail Bondsman?
Bail gives defendants an opportunity to stay out of jail. In return, they have to show up at all required court dates. However, bail can be pricey, especially for serious alleged crimes. In many cases, it may not be possible to pay the entire bail amount. That’s where a bail bond agent comes in.
- The bail bondsman takes responsibility for the defendant to make sure they appear in court.
- A surety bond is issued that allows your loved one to get out of jail.
- If your loved one doesn’t appear in court, the bail bondsman is responsible for the entire bail amount. The bond agent will then seek reimbursement from the defendant or bond co-signer.
- Bail bond agents charge a non-refundable fee for their services, usually between 10% and 15% of the bail total. Some bail bondsmen also ask co-signers to put up collateral, like a car or deed to a home.
Want to know how to get a bail bondsman? Simply Bail has all the answers you need. We understand the panic and worry you may feel when you hear your loved one is in jail. That’s why we’ve created a solution that makes the bail process as easy as possible for you.
How to Choose a Bail Bondsman
Here are some of the important attributes you want in your bail bond agent:
- Availability: An ideal bail bond company is open around the clock so that you can contact it at any time for help. This also means the agents can post bail at any time, so your loved one doesn’t have to wait to be released during normal business hours.
- Professionalism: One of the key steps in how to find a bail bond agent is to ensure they are licensed by the state where you live. You can also check their status with the Better Business Bureau.
- Experience: A seasoned bail bondsman understands the intricacies and legalities of the bail process. They will be familiar with the local legal system and know many of its players. Having an experienced bail bond agent by your side can be an asset to help get your loved one out on bail quickly.
- Clarity: Above all, a good bail bondsman will clearly explain your bail and payment options, fees for services, collateral requirements, and more. They understand that getting your loved one out of jail is a stressful situation. You want a company that offers reassurance–you can trust that you’re in good hands.
What Do You Need to Get a Bail Bond?
Typically, you’ll need to have some information on hand so the bail bondsman can get to work. It includes:
- Your loved one’s full legal name
- The name of the jail where they are located
- Their booking number
- The crime(s) they are charged with committing
Also, you’ll need to bring an approved form of payment for the percentage fee. Cash, money order, or debit cards are frequently accepted forms of payment. However, your options may vary depending on the bail bondsman you use; some accept payment plans, wire transfers, or even cryptocurrency.
If collateral is required, gather together the necessary ownership documents. For instance, if you put your house up for collateral, you may need to supply the deed, mortgage paperwork, or a title search, among other pieces of verification. For a car or boat, the bond agent may request the pink slip to prove ownership. A good bail bondsman will outline exactly what you need to do to get a bail bond as fast as possible.
How to find a bail bond company may sound complicated, but it’s easy with Simply Bail.
How to Find a Bail Bondsman with Simply Bail
We know how emotionally difficult it can be when a loved one is in jail. That’s why we’ve designed our services to be as seamless as possible and you have one less thing to worry about.
We help take the guesswork out of how to get a bail bond:
- Our team can help you find the jail where your loved one is held.
- From there, we can also get their bail amount and booking number.
- We also provide you with a list of licensed bail bond companies in your area.
You don’t have to spend hours researching information and tracking down potential agents on your own. All the legwork is done for you with Simply Bail.
At every step, we stay in close contact with your bail bond agent. We’ll notify you as all the major milestones of the bail process are completed, so you know immediately when your loved one is released from jail. You can do everything safely and securely on your mobile phone for your convenience, even using Simply Bail to send documents or communicate with your selected bail bond agent.
Do you need a bail bondsman? If the answer is “Yes!” visit Simply Bail to find a reputable bail bond agent who works tirelessly on your loved one’s behalf.